In order to feel our best and perform at optimal levels, a healthy diet is vital. However, when you feel you need that added boost superfoods can give you that extra spring in your step!
Superfoods are nutrient-rich foods with increased nutritional benefits that can help to support your health. Examples of superfoods include berries, nuts and seeds, brightly coloured vegetables, citrus fruits, herbs and spices, fatty fish and wholegrains. Benefits include: supporting healthy energy metabolism, regular bowel function, supporting heart and digestive health, reducing fatigue, protection from free radical damage, assisting in normal psychological function and a healthy immune system.
Given that most of us do not reach the recommended daily intake of fruits and vegetables, incorporating superfoods to a balanced diet can help deliver maximum health benefits from naturally occurring nutrients and phytochemicals that may otherwise be lacking in the diet.
Some of our favourite superfoods at The Vitamin Shop include:
- Acai- The berries from the Acai Tree are rich in antioxidants, amino acids and fatty acids. Antioxidants are thought to be able to defend cells against free radical damage.
- Goji- Goji berries have an impressive list of essential vitamins and minerals as well as antioxidants. With high levels of vitamin C, calcium, potassium, iron, zinc and selenium. Rich in fibre and carotenoids which help to support eye health.
- Nuts- Packed with heart-healthy fats, protein, vitamins and minerals, making them a great source of energy. Try activated nuts which have been soaked then dried to increase their nutrient value.
- Maca Powder- A root found in Peru that has been consumed for thousands of years. Maca powder is great for hormonal balance, energy and stamina.
- Cacao Powder- Derived from unroasted cacao beans, this helps to preserve its nutritional value. Cacao not only contains antioxidants, but it is also packed full of potassium, calcium and magnesium, which can aid in bone health and promote relaxation.
- Chia Seeds- Native to central and southern Mexico and Guatemala. These little seeds are high in Omega-3 fatty acids; they are most well-known for helping to reduce cravings due to their high soluble fibre content. Why not make a chia seed pudding, so filling and delicious!
- Coconut Oil- Although coconut oil is largely a saturated fat it is made up of predominately medium-chain triglycerides which are believed to have many applications in healthy foods and skin care, as well as being a great source of energy. Coconut oil is not only great when used in cooking it is also fantastic when used as moisturiser for both skin and hair.
- Spirulina- Spirulina is a plant-based supplement that has a host of nutrients. It supplies B, C and E vitamins, beta-carotene, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, magnesium and zinc. As a nutritional supplement it also contains a high percentage of protein.
Vitamin Shop Online stocks a wide range of superfoods to boost your health! Why not try our fabulous bee pollen, bone broths, coconut oils, superfood powders, nuts and nut butters, mueslis, delectable chocolates, dried fruits or snack bars from our ever-growing supply? Your body will love you for it!
Brands include: The Chia Co, Teff Tribe, Soul Warrior, Select Health Food, Red Seal, Pure Food Essentials, Power Superfoods, Nutra Organics, Beeloved, Broth of Life, Ceres Organic, Chai Tea Australia, Healthy Aim, IsoWhey, Kapai Puku, Lotus Organic, Loving Earth, Matakana, Matcha Maiden, Melrose, Niugini, Niulife and NTS Health.
Superfoods are the new craze sweeping the health and fitness world. Superfoods are foods that are incredibly nutrient dense and are considered to be some of the best products available for any person serious about their health and wellbeing. Vitamin Shop Online is the premier place to buy superfoods online - we have an incredible range, ultra-competitive prices, and we ship to anywhere in Australia.
Choose Vitamin Shop Online to get the highest quality superfoods on the market. No matter whether you’re looking for maca powder, organic chia seeds, organic coconut sugar, goji berries, cacao beans, or even superfoods for kids, you won’t find a place to buy superfoods online with a more extensive selection.
Our staff are the reason that health enthusiasts choose to shop with Vitamin Shop Online. The nutritionists, naturopaths and personal trainers that make up our staff are always willing to get you the superfoods that will really fit with your specific circumstances.
Kickstart your new healthy lifestyle or improve the program you’re on by giving us a call today on (03) 6231 4100 – you’ll get to talk to a genuine health professional who is as interested in your health as you are! Ask us any question about superfoods over the phone or via our user friendly online contact form.Hide content
Items 1-100 of 142